Isaiah 64:6, 8 (NIV)

"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away...Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand."

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Remembrance of the Places I've Been

This was written in February of this year. I don't remember much of the circumstance I was in, I just know that it wasn't fun. With whatever you are going through, I hope this helps.


The Mindless Ramblings of A College Nothing:

The lure of idols,
lures me in,
begging me stay.

The call of God,
calls me out,
begging me go.

The truth is this:
fear holds me
while time slips by.

How do I leave
When my mind
tells me to stay?

How do I stay
when my heart
bids me to go?

"Please, call to me"
is the cry
of peace and love.

"Please, run to me"
is the plea
of pain and hurt.

Pain and hurt are
the things I
know so very well,

But love and peace
are all that
I seem to need.

"Hope and trust!"

I can't...

"Taste and see!"

It doesn't help...

"Spirit and truth!"

That's the problem...

"You're redeemed!"

Really?

"I love you!"

How?

"I gave Him!"

Why?

"You're worth it!"

Doubt it...

"You suck!"

i know...

"I killed him!"

it's true...

"I hate you!"

yeah...

"You're dying!"

aren't we all?

Why do the lies
seem so right,
and not the truth?

Can I even trust
this small voice
crying in my mind?

Hope is a ploy.
Joy isn't truth.
Hurt, pain, that's truth.

"Enough!"

Of what?

"All of this!"

Why?

"My peace is greater!"

Nothing can be...

"Trust in Me!"

How?

"Believe!"

In what?

"Love."

With just one word,
I am dropped.
My tears race down.

The hurt fades out.
My pain leaves.
Love floods my core.

It heals old wounds,
soothes old scars.
It frees my soul.

Thank you!

"You're welcome..."

I love you!

"I know..."

Forgive me!

"I have..."

Hold me!

"Always..."

I start to sleep,
truly full.
No pain or hurt.

Love and peace lead,
ever, always,
to hope and joy.

Keep me close God,
close to you.
Never let me stray.

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!" Ps. 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment