Isaiah 64:6, 8 (NIV)

"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away...Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand."

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas?

May I end my somewhat stunning silence (August? Really?) and say, this Christmas season has been Weird. (For those who follow such cliched terms, that is "weird with a capital W.") It hasn't felt like Christmas season at all. Yeah, the sermons and songs point to it, but not what I remember Christmas as. I remember the anticipation of Christmas morning, seeing my sisters (I admit this reluctantly), and the traditions of what I grew up with, but the feeling with in my house is depressing, and that has, in a sense, ruined Christmas.

It hasn't ruined what Christmas is about, not at all. Nothing can or ever will, but the secular aspect of the holiday (presents, tree, even the music) have no pull on me. I love to lose myself in Christmas music (seriously started listening back in October), but given the chance, I listen to some old emo stuff from high school. Really? It's just so strange. I finally put a finger on why this is, as I said earlier, my house is a tad depressing. I spend my days in my room on the off chance that I might come in contact with a friend on facebook or xbox, but no such luck.

I really don't even know why I am writing this, other than to spill it all out and clear my head. I won't even be posting this to facebook, so no point in making it too long. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment