Isaiah 64:6, 8 (NIV)

"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away...Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand."

Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Date (part 2)

Option C:

She finally responded to me. I was so anxious to see what she would say that during the waiting time I lived on Facebook and constantly refreshed the page, hoping to find her response. When it did, I didn't know what to think. I spent so much time imagining the conversation we would have and what would happen afterwards, I never paused to think about this response: "Hey! Yeah, I'm going to be hanging out with some friends from church on Thursday if you want to come. We'll be meeting at the park for some Ultimate Frisbee then getting some coffee afterwards. We'd love it if you came! 7:00 on Thursday."

Well, it wasn't exactly a "no," was it? I didn't really know what to think about it at all. I was so excited about getting to know her as a potential girlfriend, that I totally skipped the friend stage. Maybe this would work out better?

Well, I wrote back, "Sure, I'll be there. No doubt," and prepared myself for hanging out with several people I didn't know. On the one hand, she seemed liked she geniunely wanted me to come, so that was exciting, and I didn't really specify if I wanted it to be just us, so I guess I'll take what I can get.

Thursday came, and I left home at about 6:45 to get to the park. When I got there, several people, including Stacy, were warming up and throwing the frisbee around. As I was walking up, a guy threw a frisbee real deep, over Stacy's head, and she came running after it. I figured it would be way out of her reach, so I ran to make a play on it. She was much faster than I gave her credit for, and we collided with each other and the frisbee fell to the ground. Her knee hit mine and her shoulder rammed into my chest, which knocked me backwards onto the ground. Stacy fell on top of me, and we hit the ground hard. "Ow," said Stacy as she rolled over to see who she ran into. Her face had a look of frustration on it until she recognized it was me. "Oh, hey, Chris," she said breaking into a dazzling smile. "Sorry, I didn't see you there."

"It's ok," I said, smiling back, though mostly because I didn't want her to get up. "I should have just let you catch it anyway, but I thought it was out of your reach." The sentence trailed off and we found ourselves in one of those weird movie moments where the girl doesn't get off of the guy she accidently knocked down until it gets awkward. Well, about 3 seconds past awkward, she realized she was still on me and got up. She blushed a little, and said, "Come on, I'll introduce you to everyone." So, we went over to the rest of the group, who were, if I wasn't just imagining it, giving her a look that asked, "Who is this and why were you laying on him?"

She introduced me to everyone, and I quickly forgot most of their names, seeing as my mind still wanted to be pinned down by Stacy. Soon after, though, we got started. It had been several years since I had last played Ultimate, but remembered my form soon enough, and in no time, I was bombing throws down the field for Stacy or one of the other guys on my team. After the game, Stacy came up and gave me a big high-five, and invited me to go hang out with them. I told her I would and we started heading toward our cars. I noticed Stacy hanging back, talking to one of the girls, and then she looked over at me. I turned my head and kept walking to my car, when I heard her call, "Hey! Chris! Hold up!" I stopped and turned around. Stacy stopped in front of me and said, "Julie is gonna go home, and I rode with her over here, do you think I could get a ride with you?"

My heart started beating faster than at any point during the game as I said, "Sure. That's fine." My mind was yelling and I was doing backflips inside my body as we walked to the car. We got in and headed to the coffee bar. We stayed there with everyone for about an hour, just talking and joking around, and then, one by one, people started leaving to go do homework or go to bed since they had to be at work early and other various activities. Luckily, the public schools had a day off on Friday, and so did I, so Stacy and I stayed behind and talked more. We sat there talking until a barista came up and said they were closing, so we got back in my car and left. I looked at her and asked if she wanted me to take her home, and she said sure and gave me directions.

When we pulled up in front of her house, she looked at me and...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Choice number 2:
A, B, or C.

No comments:

Post a Comment